Sunday, October 21, 2007

The “what do you do?” conversation

I remember an ex-MD of Microsoft said on Oprah, “As I quit the job from Microsoft to work on donating books to Nepal, I am not a popular guy in functions anymore,” and he chuckled.

Deb told us during her last English class before leaving, that “What do you do?” is always the right way to start conversation in parties in the states. Then people will start telling you their life story, what they work as, where do they come from, where they got their degrees…

My brain starts spinning quickly as the staffs start asking the question among us. Give them an answer about myself in a simple sentence. After all it’s only an English class, but I was serious about it, thinking that it is a practice before going to the States.
Until… Te, the Computer teacher, asked me.” Are you married?” and asked again for several times.

You don’t need to teach a man how to flirt.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: