Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sticky Rice Incident


Kau Niaw, Sticky rice is quite a normal side dish for all kinds of food. It could be eaten with BBQ chicken, Coconut, Eggs, Mango etc. How do I know it?

It’s simple. First I know about it is when my student, Ning from fundraising department, bought me sticky rice as a thank you gift for correcting her email. Then I said,” Its good!” then I announced I like sticky rice.

Since then, this high cholesterol, fattening sticky rice appeared in front of me wherever I go. I got it for the next day, for breakfast. Then I mistakenly bought raw meat (it was wrapped the same way in leaves), thinking that it was sticky rice by the street. Pi Deng(woman in red, Deng means red in Thai), heard of the story when the raw meat was sent to her office, the next two days, she came with Mango sticky rice with extra coconut extract. That second day was the day that I ended up with 4 packets of sticky rice on my table.

I have to shout that I am on a diet to stop all this sticky rice from keep coming to me. God knows when I am on diet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: