Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Teaching Nightmare

And you said teaching was fun???

Today is the day when everything seemed to go wrong!
It’s good that I am able to observe their intentions behind their attitude, like the little kids are jealous of anyone who would get my attention, fighting over an odd color notebook.

The older girls are not doing the exercise properly or making fun of the girls among them.

Kids are really spoilt today, even in the orphanage! They have almost everything! Sponsors, computer rooms, volunteers, yet they didn’t really know the deep meaning behind all those care and love.

Lastly, the little boys I am teaching. I have no idea, what I have run into. Maybe I will remain just a friend of them rather be a teacher that require much more patience, shouting and ‘understanding’ if not you will definitely getting a heart-attack every minute!

The reason I am still going on, because there are always some of them who are caring and understanding enough to make your day.

4 girls helped me carry my books and teaching tools after the class. One man opened and closed the car door for me. The house parent who has little English help translates for me. Yesterday when Alison (new volunteer from Wales) and I went to 7 eleven just across the street, one boy came with a baseball stick to protect us from the wild dogs!

And WHO mentioned Thailand is chaotic?? Never believe the newspaper. I am so serious about this now. I am making a statement here! I feel that its safer and classier than KL because of the people. (Quality tourists and locals, yeah you will know what I mean)

I went to one of the nicest (first) night market in Lumphini today with Alison, Deb and Mike. The price of a quality meal is so affordable even for me! All, I mean ALL the things are pretty and CHEAP, yes I mean it!( pretty clothes(normally 40 ringgit) range from 10 to 25rm) It will be stupid to shop in KL( or HK) at all!!! Streets are clean, safe( police are everywhere)its cozy, easy access (metro is right next to it, and many main shopping places) quiet to walk around, all the shops are very organized, its not wet and dirty at all! And there more than hundred of them to spin around!

I can’t wait to wait for anybody (you know who you are) to come!!! So Come! I have known some really nice hang out place from INSIDER!! And this weekend I am going to the beach with the kids!

No comments: