Wednesday, October 3, 2007

First day in HDF, Bangkok





They asked me to go home at 4 pm. But what?
Its only three hours after my wake up time!

God knows I am active at night! haha

Yeap, I woke up at 6 50 am today, something I have not done for two months. Bluey....
Came to the Centre and meet dozens and dozens of staff who are working so hard to make sure the smooth working of the whole Foundation.

I can always pronounce their name, but it took alot of time to remember them. So I wrote them all down....name and post, i wanted to take a picture of them as well as I have my camera with me. but it felt a little too much so I didn't do it ...

Surprisingly, i am already helpful on my first task-- interviewing possible candidates for Singapore UWC Grade 8ders. Giving them courage to speak in English is so important as all of them are quite nervous facing me and the other volunteer, Deborah, who has been here on and off for a few years, together with Michael, her husband.

After lunch, I joined Deb's class of Staff English class. The staffs who turned up were the Art and Computer teacher. The class was so fun pin-pointing the countries on the Globe. Really, they are cute when they speak english....i almost forget they are teachers.:P

Speaking of lunch, it was kinda like Laksa, but it wasn't spicy at all...for desert i had Pumpkin soup which is abit like BU BU CHA CHA. Suddenly i came up with teaching the girls to make Pumpkin fried rice. Yeah, I am cooking, which is something i never do at home!

people tried speaking hokkien and cantonese and mandarin with me...of course..i could understand everything. Father Joe, the founder of HDF , tried to catch me with words that I may not know...but its his accent that is confusing!

Please entertain me at night.. call me or something..so that i will not be that boring!!!
my free time is after 5 pm onwards!! can u believe it!!!

my phone number +66838857751

No comments: