Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Fantastic 4 " with the boys

I know the boys more and more as the day progress and as my Thai progresses as well.

Today is the third day, after weeping over the touching stories of Father Joe’s, I thought I could see through their innocent faces, smell the sweat and tears that hopefully have long gone.

It was the big day of Andrew Bigg’s Academy visit. They came for a one day workshop, giving the kids interest and confidence to learn English. In between the workshops, I brainstormed with Deb with more Interesting materials for our coming English class. Then, I met John, during the lunch break, and talked a lot of him living in Bangkok and how I ended up in Bangkok. It’s like the 3rd John I met in 4 days? Mine!!

He said he is 25, how am I to believe that when he has white moustache and that mature look? I see more than 5 years difference! But the Power Point workshop he conducted was more than exhausting! It’s a step to step guide from downloading pictures, to saving the pictures in folder, then creating a Power Point presentation about Thailand. Of course, it’s a very good method to make them interested in the skill itself. Two kids under my provision got a cap for the colorful presentation they did.(only 4 got it!)

My motivation of learning Thai increases each day as I came back to Mercy 1 to the kids. Now I understand why Neung’s nickname is Mercy one. I love them dearly, each and every actions from dinner makes me laugh. They tease at each other, yet still know how to respect, they wanted the Potato Chips i bought but still know how to share and get only their own portion. They know I can’t speak Thai but still try to communicate with me.

We sat in the TV room watching “Fantastic 4 “today, and I planned to have Boat and some other kids with rhythm to perform in Father Joe’s birthday. It would be such great fun.

No comments: