Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bus and Song Theaw

Never really tried taking a bus back home, I was breaking my own rules by trying on buses to save cost. I prefer to shop for stickers and Cartoons these days.

When people thought what could be cheaper than the bus, there is this special service called “Songtheaw”. Anyone who has tried hitch-hiking will know how to do this. The Songtheaw truck is bigger than a tuk tuk, more efficient than the bus ( it goes all around the main road and stops at bus stops and whenever you say stop!) and 2 baht(RM 0.20) cheaper than the bus!

So here, people hop on and off from trucks. You wave to stop them. Having one terrible experience taking the wrong bus when it was raining cats and dogs, I decided to stick with the later. Although, I still have problems identifying one (most vehicles used here are trucks!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: