Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thai massage : Overrated

Having heard so much about thai massages and how the Farongs (foreigner) love them, I decided to spend 250 baht ( RM 25, 50 kroners, 8 dollars…) on a full body massage. Deb and Mike brought me to their regulars, where it is next to a cozy bar.

I could hear the songs from the bar in the private room of the Massage centre. It was totally overrated, as I came back with a pain on my spine, not to mention how clumsy I was in following instruction in their Thai-accent-English. Then again, I do got the sense of satisfaction after hearing some ‘Clag and clug’ as she twist my waist and arms.

As I am about to leave, Deb and Mike told me that the lady who serves you will stand right at the front door. I asked “For what?” “Oh, for the tips!” So another unspoken rules over here, and I am telling you guys.

I followed them, paying 50 baht to our lady. Heartache.

No comments: