Thursday, March 13, 2008

Follow ups of my mumblings (click)





Well, the classes turn out to be not as bad as I thought.





The graphic room is filled with colors and laughter. Not to mention the whole excitement after the opposition 'won' in Malaysia's election. That's all I talk about when I am talking with my friends and family. I was energized and determined to show the kids 'grown up' paintings.

Some of them seem reluctant to get out of their own box, where they color using monotones and thick splat of acryllics on canvas. Using logics and lights requires more thinking, and mixing the right color is difficult! But some are like , wow, they never see how much you can do with colour! They are eager to draw something different.

Before this, they are always drawing themes like kids playing, animals, flowers, but nothing specific where they can improve their painting skills. So I started my first class with water color: at the Beach, introducing different techniques with water colors. How to paint the sky, the water the sands,and the trees.

Even the hyperactive boys calm down and focus on their coloring for the short one hour and a half. I am definitely pleased:P.

Not to mention that my 6 years old have graduated from school!
There was this grand ceremony at Mercy where Father Joe will hand out certificates in his PHD robes , asking children in their grad suits to continue schooling despite any circumstances.

" Do you go to school if your father's drunk?"
" Do you go to school if your mothers not around?"
"Do you go to school if you are sick?"
"Do you go to school if it is raining?"

"YEs, yes yes yes!!!!"

No comments: