Wednesday, November 10, 2010

concert tomorrow

The few interesting events that occurred today:

I learned to spell Burkina Faso's capital, i.e. Ouagadougou ( no I lied, I still use the spell check), but yeah, you can never finish learning the capitals of every country in the world. My prof who have been there for her thesis research never stop talking about her experience there. For her, I guess Burkina Faso is Africa.

Came across a friend that I don't usually bump into. He told me he got hired to a very competitive consulting company and is willing to share a tips or two in getting to interviews, getting the job etc. I was happy to hear that he is so low profile and generous to help; you hear a lot about these people getting high prestigious consulting job, but they are usually cocky and not really willing to share their experience. I bet even now, not many know that this friend got into this top ranked consulting company and gets to choose which country he wants to be! Is this a bonus to me ? or should I still stick to looking for my own passion?

I HAVE to talk about SEX infront of my residents next week,yeah part of my job description as an undergrad advisor. So I went to seek advice on how to conduct this potential awkward and chaotic meeting. There comes a time where you really need to confront your inner fear of talking about certain 'sensitive' or personal topic.

Had a long rehearsal from 6- 9 30pm today for my percussion ensemble. I was lost most of the time , cause even I know the beats, I still need to coordinate the beats with the guest performers, which is a 7- people-Cuban band. Using my rusty Spanish, I was able to ask for help, and their music guru, W, was such a nice guy. I have to be frank, I have a musician crush on him. On the other hand, the other band members might have a crush on me too. They came to me and ask for a photo together, and didn't ask the others. good guess? lol.

My voice is still lost, due to me drinking everything but water. But I find my voice kinda sexy, not everyone thinks so though.

ok. adios!

No comments: