Monday, November 8, 2010

Boston

I was always kinda "forced" to take up some drumming gigs because I belong to the world music percussion ensemble. I call it "forced" because usually these invitation to perform come in really late and without any early notice. Most of the time, I have to readjust my schedule or sacrifice something in order to make those performance happen. Of course, I enjoy every opportunity I have to perform, but when it finally comes to " how can I spend my time for me? " question, I don't think I know how to answer that really well.

So this week, I decided to go with the flow, and just join Kevin and his friends to Boston, and not make it to a concert. We got a free ride ( well in a car, not the $ 50 per person bus ride) to Boston and have a free place to stay ( one of our friends got an interview with a consulting firm, and they gave him a nice big room in a hotel with room service and parking space, food, etc just for the interview) . See if you want to have a good luxury life, see how the companies trying to lure you into the corporate world. It really comes down to the lifestyle you wanna live . $ 300 dollars hotel room for an interview ?? maybe!

I called up Jonathan and Olivia before the trip. Luckily they can both make time to meet up with me. We went around the Boston to search for place eat, and later go out. Me and Olivia got some girl time in a bar , catching up where we left off almost 2 years ago. It feels so nice to have somebody who understand you, and just spill everything without any burden. Sadly, I lost my voice from the day before and it wasn't really pleasant to hear my voice for the two days.

Massachusetts is a really strict state. They are not allow to serve alcohol after 12 30 am and and they don't have trains after 12 30 am. After that its really up to us how we go home. All the taxis were just trying to hike up the price coz this is not New York. High demand, low supply , we have mean taxi drivers. We walked half the city just to catch a bus to go to Olivia's college, Wellesley. Luckily we made it to the bus stop just in time.

So in short, got some real food, real city life, real conversation, real friends, and real time for me!

No comments: