Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Boston Flight got canceled!

My Boston Flight got canceled!
Thanks to the strict security measurement due to a fail terrorist attack last week, everything is chaotic in the airports, at least in the US. Everybody’s luggage and body have to be manually search by officers before boarding on the plane, hence all the delays and cancelling of flight. The flight from Barcelona to JFK was 25th in line before landing, and we were just circling the New York sky for almost 30 minutes just to wait for available lanes (Can you picture airplanes lining up in the sky?? Haha).

So after the customs, I have to collect my luggage and then drop them off again. Everything is so redundant, and I have to walk to the other end of the airport just to find out my flight was canceled. Heard it was due to snowstorm too.

Yeah, you can sense my rambling tone, because I am: I have 20 more minutes before boarding to the next Boston flight, and then I am bound to miss my last bus to Dartmouth. So I have to find buses from other companies after collecting my luggage. Which means I have to first get myself to the bus station before searching for a new bus schedule, which will most likely be at midnight. So all in all, I have travelled for more than 1000 miles starting at 8 am in Barcelona, 9 30 am check-in, delayed flight left 2 hours later than scheduled time at 12 30pm, arriving 9 hours later at JFK, 3 hours delayed +1.5 hrs to Boston , 2hrs waiting for next bus + 2.5 hours to final destination aka Dartmouth, which I still have no key to my new room. TOTAL TRAVEL TIME= 22 HOURS!!! (excluding last night’s 10 hours traveling from Nairobi to Barcelona)

No stories about my vacation until my hyper self returns!

No comments: