Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rain drops keep falling on my head

Weird weather, right after the hottest Songkran festival, now comes the Rain.

The Rain Storm reminded how little I heard thunder and seen lightning in Bangkok. Not to mention what kind of impact does it bring to the slum communities.

Slum houses are fragile. Leakage, electricity, stability problems occur during the rainy season.

While I was enjoying the night of rhythms with the rain, I heard news that one grandmother has passed away protecting her grandchild from a tree that has smashed into their wooden house. She was found dead hugging the crying child.

Street vendors, who form a large majority in the slums, will have trouble hiding from the rain. Business will be affected.

Nowhere to go to , people have to hide in their little box...I am just making all the problems up by myself, I am sure there is more.....

No comments: