Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Deaths

I have no time to document my encounter with deaths. Some deaths feel "nearer" to me than others.

A couple of weeks ago, a prof from Art History dept died of breast cancer. She was 40. I saw her death has impacted many people near me: My current art prof burst out in tears infront of her students in class; my research prof ( who's probably around the same age with her) couldn't really focus on work even though she doesn't know her;I might have taken her class at some point, people said she's brilliant, but most of all, I just found out that she's the wife of my art grant advisor. He has never mentioned it to me, the whole time we were speaking, god must know how hard he has been through everyday.

A primary school teacher just died yesterday. She taught me public speaking. She's always approachable during my visits after graduation. She's my sis's classmate's mom. She's my teachers' colleagues. I talked to her a lot when I was 12 years old in school.

Miraculously, I dreamt of my dear friend who died a couple of years ago of cancer. He was still so warm and friendly in my dream.

RIP.

No comments: